WORDPRESS WEBSITE DESIGN SPECIALIST
WordPress Website Design Specialist (Part-time & Remote)
Founded in 2007, the OPEN Foundation is the leading nonprofit organisation in the Netherlands and Europe dedicated to advancing psychedelic science and therapies. OPEN is looking to hire a WordPress Website Design Specialist who has experience with designing websites for conferences or other online and in-person events as well as membership and training programmes. Are you great at designing WordPress websites with beautiful UI/UX? Are you also experienced in digital marketing (SEO, analytics, tracking, etc)? Are you fluent in English? Do you have an interest in psychedelic science and therapies and/or mental healthcare? If yes, we’d LOVE to hear from you!
What will you be doing?
As a WordPress Website Design Specialist, you’re responsible for designing, developing, and updating web pages and blog posts and all activities related to maintaining websites for OPEN and ICPR. You may also monitor and track metrics as well as responding to comments and collaborating with other team members across operations, design and communications.
- Update the content of both OPEN and ICPR websites
- Fix all website related issues including content, design, and back-end
Other things you will do to help with our initiatives:
- Producing brilliant design visuals, including sketches, wireframes and design concepts
- Converting design concepts into working websites using Elementor or other page builders
- Formatting, designing, and developing pages on WordPress
- Designing or finding visuals and images for our website
- Creating responsive websites that look great across all devices
- Optimising the website pages and blog posts for search engines (SEO)
- Improving conversion optimisation (newsletter, webinar, events, etc)
- Installing tracking codes and measuring analytics (Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, etc)
- Making the websites load faster
- Dealing with the WordPress plug-ins compatibility issues
- Managing the hosting via Digital Ocean
Who are we looking for?
You’ve been doing a great job in WordPress website design, but perhaps haven’t found a strong sense of meaning as a result of your work. And now you’re looking to leverage your ninja level skills for building websites for products and services that impact the world positively. You’re tech-savvy and LOVE to use websites as a tool to enhance people’s lives. You bring years of solid experience and expertise into the projects you work on. You’re fast at what you do and deploy a systemic approach that minimises future work because you feel a sense of accountability and responsibility for your work. You are data driven, follow the latest and proven trends, have an eye for great aesthetics, and pay close attention to details. If you already work as a professional freelancer, or have time in addition to another job and enjoy having a dynamic role at a nonprofit organisation with a mission you deeply care about, please apply.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a WordPress Website Design Specialist
- Basics of user interface and experience design (UI/UX)
- Experience with using Elementor page builder
- Basics of digital marketing (SEO, analytics, tracking, etc)
- Digital skills and ability to pick up new tools quickly
- Ability to track analytics and provide updates to the team
- Living in Europe or willing to work within GMT+1 as needed
- Dutch speaking
- Based in Amsterdam or in the Netherlands
- Limited graphic design skills
- Digital marketing experience (funnels, conversions, ads, etc)
- Experience with email marketing (Mailerlite or similar ones)
- University degree in design, marketing or related fields
About the OPEN Foundation
Founded in 2007, the OPEN Foundation is the leading nonprofit organisation in the Netherlands and Europe dedicated to advancing the knowledge and understanding of psychedelics through research. We aim to optimise the potential of psychedelics in a therapeutic context and to help integrate psychedelics into society in a way that’s both sustainable and responsible. We fulfil our mission by bringing together and educating professionals, policymakers, and the public through conferences, trainings, and other events, and by facilitating and promoting rigorous, interdisciplinary research.
We envision a world where safe, beneficial, and accessible applications of psychedelics are ethically and responsibly integrated into science, healthcare, and society.
We regularly organise dedicated expert meetings, trainings, symposiums, and lectures as well as the recurring Interdisciplinary Conference on Psychedelic Research, all focused on a rigorous, interdisciplinary approach to science.
OPEN is a public benefit organisation and registered charity with the Dutch tax authorities.
Job Type and Benefits
- Part-time (10 hrs per week) with potential for more
- Fully remote and flexible schedule
- Free event and conference tickets
- Work with interesting and respectful team members on exciting projects
- Make a difference in the future of psychedelic science and therapies
- Expand the reach of a growing organisation in an exciting field
Ready to apply?
Thank you for your interest in joining the OPEN team. Please apply for this position via the button below and we look forward to reviewing your application. Good luck!