WordPress Web Design and Marketing Specialist for an NGO Related to Psychedelic Research (Part-time Paid)
We’re a non-profit organisation dedicated to advancing psychedelic research and we’re looking for someone who can help us with our new website and marketing efforts. Do you have an interest in psychedelics and/or mental health? Are you great at designing WordPress websites with beautiful UI/UX? Are you also experienced in digital marketing (SEO, analytics, tracking, etc)? Can you implement feedback from clearly described tasks on Trello and communicate in Slack? Finally, are you able to dedicate a few remote/flexible hours per week? If yes, we’d LOVE to hear from you!
Founded in 2007, the OPEN Foundation is the leading non-profit organisation in the Netherlands and Europe dedicated to advancing the understanding, optimising the potential, and integrating the benefits of psychedelic research and therapy. We do this by bringing together and educating professionals, policymakers, and the public through conferences, trainings, and other events, along with conducting and promoting rigorous interdisciplinary research into psychedelics.
We envision a world where safe, beneficial, and accessible applications of psychedelics are ethically and responsibly integrated within science, healthcare, and society.
We regularly organise dedicated expert meetings, trainings, symposiums, and lectures as well as the recurring Interdisciplinary Conference on Psychedelic Research, all focused on high quality and responsible science.
OPEN is a public benefit organisation and registered charity with the Dutch tax authorities.
You already have a job or work as a professional freelancer with some extra hours to enjoy having a dynamic role at a nonprofit organisation with a mission you deeply care about. You LOVE designing websites and bring years of experience and expertise into the projects you work on. You’re fast at what you do and deploy a systemic approach that minimises future work because you feel a sense of accountability and responsibility for your work. You follow the latest trends, have an eye for great aesthetics and pay close attention to details.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a WordPress Web Design and Marketing Specialist
- Basics of user interface and experience design (UI/UX)
- Experience with using Elementor page builder
- Basics of digital marketing (SEO, analytics, tracking, etc)
- Project management skills
- Living in Europe or willing to work within GMT+2 as needed
- University degree in design, marketing or related fields
- Advance digital marketing experience (funnels, conversions, ads, etc)
- Email marketing (Mailchimp or similar ones)
- Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Dutch speaking and based in the Netherlands
What will you be doing?
As a WordPress Web Design and Marketing Specialist, you’re responsible for designing, developing, and updating web pages and blog posts on our new website. You may also monitor and track metrics as well as responding to comments and collaborating with other team members across operations, design and communications.
- Producing brilliant design visuals, including sketches, wireframes and design concepts
- Converting design concepts into working websites using Elementor or other page builders
- Formatting, designing, and developing pages on WordPress
- Designing or finding visuals and images for our website
- Creating responsive websites that look great across all devices
- Optimising the website pages and blog posts for search engines (SEO)
- Improving conversion optimisation (newsletter, webinar, events, etc)
- Installing tracking codes and measuring analytics (Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, etc)
We have a single quick weekly call to realign and support each other. Other than that, for this role, you can work remotely from home with flexible hours.
What are we looking for?
This is a highly rewarding and varied role, and we particularly encourage applicants with an extensive background in Web Design, WordPress, and digital marketing.
To apply for the role, applicants must be sympathetic to the aims and objectives of OPEN Foundation and ideally have some experience and knowledge around psychedelics.
What difference will you make?
The OPEN Foundation provides events, education, community, and advocacy related to psychedelic research and therapy. By working together, we can ensure the safe, evidence-based, and beneficial use of psychedelics is integrated ethically and responsibly across science, healthcare, and society.
- About 30 hours across the initial few weeks, then about 5-10 on a weekly basis
- Part-time Paid Contract (0.4 of full-time = 16hrs per week)
- Salary: Between € 3.437 and € 3.792 monthly (based on full-time and depending on experience & expertise)
- Contract: 6-month contract with a 3-month probation period
- Flexible schedule
- From any location
- Free event tickets
- Fun team/projects
- Not required
- WordPress web design and marketing: 5+ years (required)
- English (required)
- Dutch (bonus)
Ready to apply?
Thank you for your interest in working at the OPEN Foundation. Please DO NOT apply within LinkedIn and ONLY use the following button to apply for this position:
INTERESTED IN PSYCHEDELIC RESEARCH AND THERAPY?
Subscribe to the OPEN Foundation’s newsletter to stay in the loop, attend our events, and join a community dedicated to advancing psychedelic research.