SOCIAL MEDIA & EMAIL Marketing specialist
Social Media and Email Marketing Specialist (Part-time & Remote)
Founded in 2007, the OPEN Foundation is the leading nonprofit organisation in the Netherlands and Europe dedicated to advancing psychedelic science and therapies. OPEN is looking to hire a Social Media and Email Marketing Specialist who has experience with promoting conferences or other online and in-person events as well as membership and training programmes. Are you a savvy social media and email marketing expert with an analytical and strategic mind and have a broad knowledge of promotions and communications? Can you come up with a solid content calendar, produce and publish the posts across all channels? Are you fluent in English AND Dutch? Do you have an interest in psychedelic science and therapies and/or mental healthcare? If yes, we’d LOVE to hear from you!
What will you be doing?
As a Social Media and Email Marketing Specialist, you’re responsible for all activities related to social media and email marketing to help engage the current audience and grow the reach of the foundation.
- Run the social media and email marketing channels
- Help with the promotions of ICPR 2024 as well as membership and training programmes
Other things you will do to help with our initiatives:
- Identify the Key Performance Indicators with the current baseline and improvement goals within a timeline
Who are we looking for?
You’ve been doing a great job in social media and email marketing, but perhaps haven’t found a strong sense of meaning as a result of your work. And now you’re looking to leverage your ninja level skills for promoting products and services that impact the world positively. You’re tech-savvy and LOVE to use social media as a tool to enhance people’s lives. You bring years of solid experience and expertise into the projects you work on. You’re fast at what you do and deploy a systemic approach that minimises future work because you feel a sense of accountability and responsibility for your work. You are data driven, follow the latest and proven trends, have an eye for great aesthetics, and pay close attention to details. If you already work as a professional freelancer, or have time in addition to another job and enjoy having a dynamic role at a nonprofit organisation with a mission you deeply care about, please apply.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills in English AND Dutch
- 1-2 years of professional experience in social media and email marketing
- Knowledge of and experience with MailChimp, Mailerlite, or other similar email marketing tools
- Experience using social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) to create and post content that connects with users in the Netherlands but also across Europe and North America
- Digital skills and ability to pick up new tools quickly
- Experience with promoting large events, online communities, and educational programmes
- Ability to track analytics and provide updates to the team
- Living in Europe or willing to work within GMT+1 as needed
- Based in Amsterdam or in the Netherlands
- Insights into the various facets of the ‘psychedelic field’ and the importance of scientific research and the need for an independent organisation in this field
- Knowledge of or experience with the local evolution of the use of psychedelics in the Netherlands, or a willingness to learn
- Experience working with an interdisciplinary team in NGOs, universities, or research facilities
- University degree in business, management or related fields
- Experience with managing YouTube channels, email databases and WordPress integrations
- Graphic design skills or experience with using Canva
About the OPEN Foundation
Founded in 2007, the OPEN Foundation is the leading nonprofit organisation in the Netherlands and Europe dedicated to advancing the knowledge and understanding of psychedelics through research. We aim to optimise the potential of psychedelics in a therapeutic context and to help integrate psychedelics into society in a way that’s both sustainable and responsible. We fulfil our mission by bringing together and educating professionals, policymakers, and the public through conferences, trainings, and other events, and by facilitating and promoting rigorous, interdisciplinary research.
We envision a world where safe, beneficial, and accessible applications of psychedelics are ethically and responsibly integrated into science, healthcare, and society.
We regularly organise dedicated expert meetings, trainings, symposiums, and lectures as well as the recurring Interdisciplinary Conference on Psychedelic Research, all focused on a rigorous, interdisciplinary approach to science.
OPEN is a public benefit organisation and registered charity with the Dutch tax authorities.
Job Type and Benefits
- Part-time (10 hrs per week) with potential for more
- Fully remote and flexible schedule
- Free event and conference tickets
- Work with interesting and respectful team members on exciting projects
- Make a difference in the future of psychedelic science and therapies
- Expand the reach of a growing organisation in an exciting field
Ready to apply?
Thank you for your interest in joining the OPEN team. Please apply for this position via the button below and we look forward to reviewing your application. Good luck!