MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
The OPEN foundation is looking for a marketing and communications expert who has in the past built, launched, and grown membership programmes, conferences, and other events. Are you great at developing effective marketing strategies, increasing traffic and optimising conversions? Are you also experienced in building, launching and growing paid membership programmes, events/conferences, and training programmes? Do you have an interest in psychedelics and/or mental health? Finally, are you able to start working on a project basis that may lead to ongoing part-time employment? If yes, we’d LOVE to hear from you!
ABOUT THE OPEN FOUNDATION
Founded in 2007, the OPEN Foundation is the leading nonprofit organisation in the Netherlands and Europe dedicated to advancing the knowledge and understanding of psychedelics through research. We aim to optimise the potential of psychedelics in a therapeutic context and to help integrate psychedelics into society in a way that’s both sustainable and responsible. We fulfill our mission by bringing together and educating professionals, policymakers, and the public through conferences, trainings, and other events, and by facilitating and promoting rigorous, interdisciplinary research.
We envision a world where safe, beneficial, and accessible applications of psychedelics are ethically and responsibly integrated into science, healthcare, and society.
We regularly organise dedicated expert meetings, trainings, symposiums, and lectures as well as the recurring Interdisciplinary Conference on Psychedelic Research, all focused on a rigorous, interdisciplinary approach to science.
OPEN is a public benefit organisation and registered charity with the Dutch tax authorities.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We’re gearing up for the next edition of the Interdisciplinary Conference on Psychedelic Research (ICPR) as well as re-launching our membership programmes and other online or on-site events throughout the year.
What will you be doing?
As a Marketing Manager, you’re responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic marketing plans that directly lead to increasing the foundation’s reach, leads, and revenues. You may also monitor and track metrics or established KPIs as well as meeting with, responding to comments, and collaborating with other team members across operations, design, social media, and communications.
- Launch and grow the following initiatives:
- Paid membership programme
- Online webinar series
- Sales of conference tickets (in-person and streaming)
- Professional trainings
- On-site events in the Netherlands
- Offline and online communities
- Discover the key details of ideal client profile (demographic, geographic, psychographic, etc) and the educational and inspirational content that needs to be produced in a way that’s authentic and truly connects with their hearts
- Identify the Key Performance Indicators with the current baseline and improvement goals within a timeline
- Leverage marketing as a tool for storytelling to position our offerings in a relevant, intimate, and omnipresent way in front of the right person in the right place, and at the right time
- Test the top traffic channels for reaching and converting the ideal audience
- Build effective partnerships with other organisations to expand our reach
- Review current marketing campaigns for weaknesses and developing solutions within budget constraints
- Optimise the website pages and blog posts for search engines (SEO)
- Improve conversion optimisation (newsletter, webinars, events, members, etc)
- Use tracking codes to measure analytics (Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, UTM links, etc)
- Ensure consistency across our website, contact forms and member-facing documents, files, etc
- Conduct market research to figure out what may entice prospective members to join
- Manage potential interns or volunteers
- Implement feedback on Trello and communicate with the team via Slack
What are we looking for?
You’ve been doing a great job in marketing but perhaps haven’t found a strong sense of meaning as a result of your work. And now you’re looking to leverage your skills in a customer-facing role for promoting products or services that impact the world positively. You’re tech-savvy and LOVE to use marketing as a tool to enhance people’s lives. You bring years of experience and expertise into the projects you work on. You’re fast at what you do and deploy a systemic approach that minimises future work because you feel a sense of accountability and responsibility for your work. You are data-driven, follow the latest and proven trends, have an eye for great aesthetics, and pay close attention to details. If you already work as a professional freelancer, or have time in addition to another job and enjoy having a dynamic role at a nonprofit organisation with a mission you deeply care about, please apply.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a marketing professional
- Experience with launching and marketing membership programmes as well as events and conferences
- Advanced understanding and proven track record of successful digital marketing: customer avatar and journey, strategy, traffic channels (SEO and ads), content, lead generation, funnels, conversion, analytics, tracking, email marketing, social media, UI/UX, etc
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills in English (required) and Dutch (preferred)
- Project and team management skills
- Living in Europe or willing to work within GMT+1 as needed
- Based in Amsterdam and Dutch speaking
- Knowledge of and interest in psychedelic research and/or mental health care
- Experience in using CRM and CMS such as WordPress using Elementor
- University degree in business, management, marketing or related fields
Please do NOT apply if you don’t have prior experience with launching and growing paid membership programmes or events/conferences.
To apply for the role, applicants must be sympathetic to the aims and objectives of OPEN Foundation and ideally have some experience and knowledge around psychedelics and mental health care.
What difference will you make?
The OPEN Foundation provides events, education, community, and advocacy related to psychedelic research and therapies. By working together, we can ensure the safe, evidence-based, and beneficial use of psychedelics is integrated ethically and responsibly into science, healthcare, and society.
- ~16 per week
- Part-time Paid Contract (0.4 of full-time = 16hrs per week)
- Salary: Between €3.437 and €3.792 monthly (based on full-time and depending on experience & expertise)
- Project-based contract with potential for ongoing part-time employment
- Enjoy flexible schedule
- Work from any location
- Get free event tickets
- Work with interesting and respectful team members on exciting projects
- Make a difference in the future of psychedelic research and therapies
- Expand the reach of a growing organisation in an exciting field
- Not required
- 3+ years of professional experience as a marketing professional, including paid membership programmes and events/conferences
- English (required)
- Dutch (preferred)