MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Marketing and Communications Manager for an NGO Related to Psychedelic Research (Part-time / Project Basis)
The OPEN Foundation is looking to hire a marketing and communications professional who has in the past helped launch and grow conferences or other large-scale events. Are you great at developing effective marketing strategies, increasing traffic and optimising conversions? Can you come up with a solid plan and then oversee the entire implementation across multiple teams? Do you have an interest in psychedelics and/or mental healthcare? If yes, we’d LOVE to hear from you!
ABOUT THE POSITION
We’re focused on the 5th edition of the Interdisciplinary Conference on Psychedelic Research (ICPR 2022) as well as re-launching our membership programmes and other online or on-site events throughout the year.
What will you be doing?
As a Marketing and Communications Manager, you’re responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic marketing plans that directly lead to increasing the foundation’s reach, community, and revenues, starting with tickets sales for ICPR 2022. You will also monitor and track metrics or established KPIs as well as meeting with, responding to comments, and collaborating with other team members across operations, content, design, social media, ads, etc.
- Primary initiative:
- Conference tickets sales for ICPR 2022 (in-person and livestream)
- Primary initiative:
- Secondary initiatives:
- Paid membership programme
- Online webinar series
- Other things you will be doing to help with our initiatives:
- Own the strategies and implementation of all marketing and communications activities in conjunction with other team members
- Review current marketing campaigns for weaknesses and developing solutions within budget constraints
- Conduct market research to figure out what may entice prospective attendees and members to join
- Discover the key details of ideal client profile (demographic, geographic, psychographic, etc)
- Identify the Key Performance Indicators with the current baseline and improvement goals within a timeline
- Oversee the work of independent contractors, existing volunteers, and potential interns
- Use Trello for implementation and Slack for communication
- Work with our ads specialist to test traffic channels for reaching and converting the ideal audience
- Optimise the website pages and blog posts for search engines (SEO)
- Improve conversion optimisation (tickets sales, newsletter, webinars, events, members, etc)
- Use tracking codes to measure analytics (Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, UTM links, etc)
- Ensure consistency across all our external and internal assets, including website, contact forms and members’ area, files, etc
- Help strengthen partnerships with other organisations to expand our reach
Who are we looking for?
You’ve been doing a great job in marketing but perhaps haven’t found a strong sense of meaning as a result of your work. And now you’re looking to leverage your ninja level skills for promoting products or services that impact the world positively. You’re tech-savvy and LOVE to use marketing as a tool to enhance people’s lives. You bring years of experience and expertise into the projects you work on. You’re fast at what you do and deploy a systemic approach that minimises future work because you feel a sense of accountability and responsibility for your work. You are data driven, follow the latest and proven trends, have an eye for great aesthetics, and pay close attention to details. If you already work as a professional freelancer, or have time in addition to another job and enjoy having a dynamic role at a nonprofit organisation with a mission you deeply care about, please apply.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a marketing and communication professional
- Experience with launching and marketing large events and conferences
- Advanced understanding and proven track record of successful digital marketing: customer avatar and journey, strategy, traffic channels (SEO and ads), content, lead generation, funnels, conversion, analytics, tracking, email marketing, social media, UI/UX, etc
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills in English (required) and Dutch (preferred)
- Project and team management skills
- Living in Europe or willing to work within GMT+1 as needed
Please only apply if you have prior experience with launching and growing conferences or other large events.
To apply for the role, applicants must be sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the OPEN Foundation and ideally have some experience and knowledge around psychedelics and mental healthcare.
- Based in Amsterdam and Dutch speaking
- Knowledge of and interest in psychedelic research and/or mental healthcare
- Experience in using CRM and CMS such as WordPress using Elementor
- University degree in business, management, marketing or related fields
ABOUT THE OPEN FOUNDATION
Founded in 2007, the OPEN Foundation is the leading nonprofit organisation in the Netherlands and Europe dedicated to advancing the knowledge and understanding of psychedelics through research. We aim to optimise the potential of psychedelics in a therapeutic context and to help integrate psychedelics into society in a way that’s both sustainable and responsible. We fulfill our mission by bringing together and educating professionals, policymakers, and the public through conferences, trainings, and other events, and by facilitating and promoting rigorous, interdisciplinary research.
We envision a world where safe, beneficial, and accessible applications of psychedelics are ethically and responsibly integrated into science, healthcare, and society.
We regularly organise dedicated expert meetings, trainings, symposiums, and lectures as well as the recurring Interdisciplinary Conference on Psychedelic Research, all focused on a rigorous, interdisciplinary approach to science.
OPEN is a public benefit organisation and registered charity with the Dutch tax authorities.
What difference will you make?
The OPEN Foundation provides events, education, community, and advocacy related to psychedelic research and therapies. By working together, we can ensure the safe, evidence-based, and beneficial use of psychedelics is integrated ethically and responsibly into science, healthcare, and society.
- Part-time Paid Contract (0.5 of full-time = 20hrs per week)
- Salary: Between €3.437 and €3.792 monthly (based on full-time and depending on experience & expertise)
- Project-based contract with potential for ongoing employment
- Enjoy flexible schedule
- Work from any location
- Get free event tickets
- Work with interesting and respectful team members on exciting projects
- Make a difference in the future of psychedelic research and therapies
- Expand the reach of a growing organisation in an exciting field
- Not required
- 3+ years of professional experience as a marketing professional, especially for large events and conferences.
- English (required)
- Dutch (preferred)
Ready to apply?
Thank you for your interest in joining the OPEN team. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the job title as the subject line. Video cover letters would be nice, especially for a marketing and communications role. Please include the video link in your email.