Employment: Conference Manager for 2024
Founded in 2007, the OPEN Foundation is the leading nonprofit organisation in the Netherlands and Europe dedicated to advancing psychedelic science and therapies. OPEN is looking to hire a highly motivated and experienced Conference Manager to oversee the planning and execution of the sixth iteration of its flagship conference: ICPR 2024.
What will you be doing?
As ICPR conference manager, your primary responsibility is to ensure the successful production and execution of the conference, from start to finish. ICPR is run by a large, mainly volunteer-based team. As a conference manager, you work together closely with our executive director, head of marketing, and other project staff. You oversee, coordinate, and motivate the various teams involved in the conference organisation, and ensure they communicate and collaborate seamlessly. This role requires a self-starter with a passion for event planning to manage the conference and its teams, which include programming, marketing, partnerships, content production, customer support, website building, and others.
As conference manager, you will:
- Develop and execute the overall conference plan, including scheduling, budgeting, and resource allocation;
- Set clear timelines, enforce deadlines, and oversee tasks;
- Work together closely with team leads, volunteers, interns, and independent contractors;
- Maintain the overview of activities, teams, and tasks in a dynamic and ever-changing organisation;
- Oversee all conference logistics, including printable materials, gifts, room setup, transportation, and audio-visual equipment/vendor, as well as being the point of contact with the venue;
- Coordinate post-conference evaluations and implement improvements;
Our ideal candidate:
- Lives and works in the Netherlands (Dutch-speaking is a plus)
- Has a strong affinity with scientific research and is up-to-date about recent developments in psychedelic research and therapy;
- Has a proven track record of successful event production and project management;
- Is very well-organised, tech-savvy and knows how to use and leverage online project management tools to structure and run large projects;
- Has demonstrable work experience and enjoys managing, motivating, and empowering a team of enthusiastic volunteers, interns, and independent contractors;
- Is approachable, responsive, and has excellent communication skills with a diverse group of stakeholders (team members, attendees, partners, speakers, sponsors);
- Has attention for detail and is able to identify potential issues and develop effective solutions quickly;
- Part-time (16-24 hrs per week, more hours negotiable)
- One year contract, with possible extension
- Paid holiday and sick days
- Free event and conference tickets
- Make a difference in the future of psychedelic science and therapies
How to apply?
Initially, you will get a one-year contract for 16-24 hours a week (0.6 fte) with the possibility of extension and expanding responsibilities. Depending on age and experience, starting salary for this position is €3.710 – €4.094 (based on full-time employment; 40 hours).
Please react before 15 June 2023 by sending a brief motivation and CV to email@example.com. Candidates will be informed before 30 June. Interviews will be planned before 15 July.
INTERESTED IN PSYCHEDELIC RESEARCH & THERAPIES?
Subscribe to our new OPEN-Minded newsletter to stay in the loop, hear about our events, and become part of a community dedicated to advancing psychedelics.